Workers’ Rights on the Ballot
This November, workers’ rights are on the ballot in California. Proposition 22 is essentially a referendum on AB 5, the controversial gig worker classification law passed in 2019 that challenges the business models of companies like Uber, Lyft, Doordash, Postmates and Instacart. This ballot initiative will ultimately decide the future of these tech unicorns—and how they treat their workers.
On Thursday, September 24th at noon, we’ll provide an overview of the measure and discuss why it’s important, what forces are at play, and the impact it’ll have on our gig workforce—for better or for worse.
The webinar will be moderated by Ian Eve Perry, Policy Manager at TechEquity. Panelists include:
- Tyler Sandness, Driver and Organizer with Rideshare Drivers United
- Chris Benner, Director, Santa Cruz Institute for Social Transformation
- Webinar kicks off at 12:00 PM
- Panel discussion begins at 12:05 PM
- Q&A from attendees from 12:40-1:00 PM
This webinar is a part of the TechEquity 2020 Election Series. Check out our other election events here.
We enforce a Code of Conduct at our events. Please take a minute and read it through.