Tech & Housing: How Proptech Impacts People – Recording
Whether you’re trying to find an affordable apartment or buy or sell a home, tech is behind more and more of today’s housing decisions. For the past year we’ve been investigating tech’s role in the housing market, to see if tech products and companies are addressing inequalities in housing—or if they’re just making them worse.
On Thursday, May 4th 12-1pm PT we got together to understand tech’s impact on renters and aspiring homeowners. We heard from experts on residential property tech (aka PropTech) and what policymakers and companies can do to make tech’s role in housing better for everyday people.
The webinar was moderated by Hannah Holloway, Director of Policy and Research at TechEquity. Panelists included:
- Katie Fallon, Principal Policy Associate at Urban Institute
- Jyotswaroop Bawa, Chief of Organizing and Campaigns at California Reinvestment Coalition
- Ainsley Harris, Senior Writer at Fast Company
- Webinar kicked off at 12:00 PM
- Panel discussion began at 12:05 PM
- Q&A from attendees from 12:40-1:00 PM
This webinar was hosted on Zoom.