Racial Equity on the Ballot
This November, racial equity is on the ballot in California. While all three of these measures were introduced before the Movement for Black Lives took to the streets this year, the racial reckoning that we’re facing is making these propositions all the more urgent—and important for the future of equity in California.
On Thursday, September 10th at noon, we’ll discuss the following propositions:
- Prop 15 – Corporate property tax reform (“Split Roll”)
- Prop 16 – Ending California’s ban on affirmative action
- Prop 17 – Restoring the right to vote to people on parole
We’ll provide an overview of each and discuss why they’re important, what forces are at play, and what they can do to repair racial inequities in California.
The webinar will be moderated by Marion Wellington, Associate Director of Communications at TechEquity. Panelists include:
- Jahmese Myres, Political Director at Schools and Communities First
- Aimee Allison, Founder and President of She the People
- Webinar kicks off at 12:00 PM
- Panel discussion begins at 12:05 PM
- Q&A from attendees from 12:40-1:00 PM
This webinar is a part of the TechEquity 2020 Election Series. Check out our other election events here.
We enforce a Code of Conduct at our events. Please take a minute and read it through.