Housing on the Ballot
This November, housing is (once again) on the ballot in California. These two ballot measures are reprises of appearances on the 2018 ballot, both swinging in wildly different directions when it comes to the future of housing in California.
On Thursday, September 17th at noon, we’ll discuss the following propositions:
- Prop 19 – Property tax breaks
- Prop 21 – Rent control
We’ll provide an overview of each and discuss why they’re important, what forces are at play, and the impact they’ll have on our housing crisis—for better or for worse.
The webinar will be moderated by Catherine Bracy, Executive Director and Co-Founder of TechEquity. Panelists include:
- Matt Levin, reporter for CalMatters and co-host of the Gimme Shelter podcast
- David Garcia, Policy Director at the Terner Center for Housing Innovation
- Gloria Bruce, Executive Director of EBHO
- Webinar kicks off at 12:00 PM
- Panel discussion begins at 12:05 PM
- Q&A from attendees from 12:40-1:00 PM
This webinar is a part of the TechEquity 2020 Election Series. Check out our other election events here.
We enforce a Code of Conduct at our events. Please take a minute and read it through.