Digital Marketing Manager
TechEquity Collaborative is a start-up nonprofit based in Oakland, California. We envision a world where a growing tech-driven economy creates opportunity for everyone, and where tech-sector employees and companies are engaged and active participants in making our communities better places to live. Our mission is to build a movement of tech workers and companies that will advance this vision. We believe a more engaged tech sector is a more ethical tech sector and that immersing tech workers in the most critical issues where they live results in a more equitable economy for everyone. We focus on two issue areas: housing and workforce & labor. Learn more about our work at techequitycollaborative.org
A newly created role, the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for using digital marketing, sales, and research skill sets to expand brand awareness, drive our advocacy goals, and grow and engage our community. Additionally, the manager is responsible for generating qualified leads for fundraising and corporate partnership/sponsorship. The manager will develop and execute direct marketing campaigns, including email, paid search, social media, SEO, and other channels, in support of our efforts to ensure that the tech economy is creating broad-based economic opportunity.
Reporting to the Director of Content, the Manager will play a vital role in the Marketing and Communications team, contributing to organizational health, growth, and strategy through lead generation and direct marketing across functional verticals. The Manager will join a team that includes the Director of Content and a to-be-hired SVP of Marketing and Communications. The team will expand in line with organizational growth in 2021-23. The manager has the opportunity to help grow our B2B and B2C strategies, tactics, and build tools to achieve our organizational goals.
This mid-level role is ideal for someone with the following traits:
- 3-5+ years of experience in marketing, communications, or PR or agency experience
- Experience in B2B/B2C marketing, campaign organizing, and lead development
- Experience with digital organizing for advocacy or political campaigns
- Strong skills and experience leveraging social media to build brands and develop relationships
- Interest and experience in housing policy or workforce & labor policy
- Ability to be based in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area; currently a remote role, post-COVID will require monthly trips to Oakland/SF and ~20% travel around the Bay Area
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage a portfolio of marketing channels and programs, including database and email marketing, account and audience-based marketing, SEO, social media, paid search, event promotion, and pipeline acceleration to drive brand engagement and reach ambitious revenue and audience targets.
- Collaborate with the team to understand and communicate our mission, define the traits of qualified leads for fundraising and corporate partnership, and clarify top of the funnel needs for the organizing and advocacy team.
- Work with the Director of Content to develop compelling content for marketing campaigns, advocacy campaigns, and across digital channels.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive engagement program to increase event attendance, membership growth, and prospective funding opportunities.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research methods and rigorous A/B testing to advance the marketing and lead generation processes.
- Develop our digital acquisition model, including market research, testing, and iteration of different approaches for reaching a larger audience and driving that audience to our ladder of engagement.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in digital marketing, including lead generation and qualification, and cross-channel marketing experience, including email, PPC, and SEO.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with peers in shared efforts; ideally brings experience managing marketing campaigns and digital media.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to present ideas in an organized and compelling manner.
- Strong commitment to our equity goals.
- A high level of comfort and experience interacting with members of the tech community is helpful.
- Experience with visual design and tools like Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Canva is a plus.
TechEquity is a young startup with high growth potential. The person serving in this position needs to be excited to join the team while we scale and demonstrate a level of comfort with the dynamism that entails. This means being open to fluidity, being willing to jump in and do the necessary work even if it isn’t in the job description, and being passionate about building the organization in partnership with the founding team.
This is a competitive salaried position with medical/dental/vision/retirement benefits. We value work/life balance and offer unlimited time off and flexible work hours. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
This position’s salary range is in line with our organizational payscale: $60k -$75k.
TechEquity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We especially encourage people from communities underrepresented in the tech industry and those originally from the Bay Area to apply for this role.
To apply, please submit your materials here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.