TechEquity Collaborative is a start-up nonprofit based in Oakland, California. We envision a world where a growing tech-driven economy creates opportunity for everyone, and where tech-sector employees and companies are engaged and active participants in making our communities better places to live. Our mission is to build a movement of tech workers and companies that will advance this vision. We believe a more engaged tech sector is a more ethical tech sector and that immersing tech workers in the most critical issues where they live results in a more equitable economy for everyone. We focus on two issue areas: housing and workforce & labor.
A newly created role, the Development Manager is responsible for relationship management, donor prospecting, grant proposal and report drafting, and fundraising systems buildout. This role will be a mixture of coordinating the fundraising efforts of the team, building consistent outreach processes, and helping to identify new opportunities. Reporting to the COO, the Development Manager will play a key role in expanding our development function and increasing organizational fundraising capacity. The Development Manager has the opportunity to help build this function, develop workflows, and increase the organization’s ability to raise new funds to achieve our organizational goals.
This role is ideal for someone with the following traits:
- 2-5 years of experience in fundraising, donor relations, business development, or sales.
- Experience or interest in housing policy and/or workforce and labor policy.
- Experience in prospect researching and evaluating alignment between partners.
- Ability to be based in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, currently a fully remote role, post-COVID will require monthly trips to Oakland/San Francisco.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage consistent outreach to existing and potential donors directly or by providing materials for the Senior Team.
- Identify new funding prospects by evaluating funder strategies and priorities.
- Coordinate with the Senior Team and Administrative Associate to complete and submit proposals, reports, and other institutional funder requirements.
- Maintain CRM records on current, past, and prospective individual and institutional funders.
- Collaborate across the organization to understand the programmatic models and adjust philanthropic strategies as needed.
- Analyze CRM reports and data, utilizing information to modify fundraising strategy as appropriate.
- Coordinate ongoing day-to-day fundraising efforts including implementation of new donor stewardship and management of development database.
- Draft funder letters of interest, proposals, and reports.
- Work with other teams across the organization to develop strategies for increasing other revenue streams, including small-dollar donations and corporate sponsorships.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional networking and relationship management skills.
- Strong project management skills and experience partnering across departments and teams to implement new strategies.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with a growth mindset, committed to building positive, solutions-oriented, internal, and external relationships.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in donor prospecting or business development and managing a fundraising/sales pipeline to produce high-quality leads.
- Commitment to our equity goals.
TechEquity is a young startup with high growth potential. The person serving in this position needs to be excited to join the team while we scale and demonstrate a level of comfort with the dynamism that entails. This means being open to fluidity, being willing to jump in and do the necessary even if it isn’t in the job description, and being passionate about building the organization in partnership with the founding team.
This is a competitive salaried position with medical/dental/vision benefits. We value work/life balance and offer unlimited time off and flexible work hours. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
The salary range for this position is in line with our organizational payscale, depending on experience: $60k -$75k
TechEquity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We especially encourage people from communities underrepresented in the tech industry and those from the Bay Area, to apply for this role.
To apply, please submit your materials here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.