Social Media + Campaign Marketing Manager
TechEquity Collaborative is a start-up nonprofit based in Oakland California. We envision a world where a growing tech-driven economy creates opportunity for everyone, and where tech-sector employees and companies are engaged and active participants in making our communities better places to live. Our mission is to build a movement of tech workers and companies that will advance this vision. We believe a more engaged tech sector is a more ethical tech sector, and that immersing tech workers in the most critical issues where they live results in a more equitable economy for everyone. We focus on two issue areas: housing and workforce & labor. Learn more about our work at techequitycollaborative.org
We’re building our brand and we’re looking for an effective, creative Campaign Marketing Manager to help us grow our awareness and engagement for our dynamic start-up nonprofit. As our Social Media + Campaign Marketing Manager:
- You know the right mix of organic and paid channels to expand brand awareness, advocacy and community growth and you feel confident creating content for any channel
- You have an appetite for analytics and persona-driven marketing
- Based on the strategic marketing plan, you’ll execute direct marketing campaigns, including email, paid search, social media, SEO, and other channels, to ensure that the tech economy is creating broad-based opportunity.
This position reports to the SVP of Marketing and Communications and you will play a vital role in the Marketing and Communications team, contributing to organizational health, growth, and strategy through lead generation and direct marketing across functional verticals. As a part of our team, you will have the opportunity to help grow our B2B and B2C strategies, tactics, and build tools to achieve our organizational goals.
This mid-level role is ideal for someone with the following traits:
- 3-5+ years of experience in marketing, communications, or PR, or agency experience
- Experience in B2B/B2C marketing, campaign organizing, and lead development
- Experience with digital organizing for advocacy or political campaigns
- Strong skills and experience leveraging social media to build brands and develop relationships
- Interest and experience in housing policy or workforce & labor policy
- Ability to be based in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area; currently a remote role, post-COVID will require monthly trips to Oakland/SF and ~20% travel around the Bay Area
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Build digital channel plans and campaigns based on persona development, analytics and lived experience.
- Own and manage content creation for our organic social media channels
- Manage a portfolio of marketing channels and programs, including database and email marketing, SEO, social media, paid search, event promotion, and pipeline acceleration to drive brand engagement and reach ambitious revenue and audience targets.
- Work with the Director of Content to develop compelling content for marketing campaigns, advocacy campaigns, and across digital channels.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive engagement program to increase event attendance, membership growth, and prospective funding opportunities.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research methods and rigorous A/B testing to advance the marketing and lead generation processes.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in marketing campaigns, including lead generation and qualification, and cross-channel marketing experience, including email, PPC, and SEO.
- Experience using data to develop, validate, and measure marketing programs
- Demonstrated ability to partner with peers in shared efforts; ideally brings experience managing marketing campaigns and digital media.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to present ideas in an organized and compelling manner.
- Strong commitment to our equity goals.
- A high level of comfort and experience interacting with members of the tech community is helpful.
- Experience with visual design and tools like Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Canva is a plus.
TechEquity is a young startup with high growth potential. The person serving in this position needs to be excited to join the team while we scale and demonstrate a level of comfort with the dynamism that entails. This means being open to fluidity, being willing to jump in and do the necessary even if it isn’t in the job description, and being passionate about building the organization in partnership with the founding team.
This is a competitive salaried position with medical/dental/vision/retirement benefits. We value work/life balance and offer unlimited time off and flexible work hours. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
The salary range for this position is in line with our organizational pay scale: $60,000-$75,000
TechEquity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We especially encourage people from communities underrepresented in the tech industry and those originally from the Bay Area, to apply for this role.
To apply, please submit your materials here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.