TechEquity Collaborative is a start-up nonprofit based in Oakland, California. We envision a world where a growing tech-driven economy creates opportunity for everyone, and where tech-sector employees and companies are engaged and active participants in making our communities better places to live. Our mission is to build a movement of tech workers and companies that will advance this vision. We believe a more engaged tech sector is a more ethical tech sector and that immersing tech workers in the most critical issues where they live results in a more equitable economy for everyone. We focus on two issue areas: housing and workforce & labor.
A newly created role, the Administrative Associate, will coordinate operations across multiple work areas. This role will be a mixture of administrative tasks, project coordination, and the opportunity to work on special projects. Reporting to the COO, the Administrative Associate will play a key role in helping our organization continue to grow, particularly as we spin out from fiscal sponsorship to an independent organization. The Administrative Associate has the opportunity to work on various organizational initiatives and develop skill sets for future career growth ranging from advocacy and events to human resources and non-profit administration.
This role is ideal for someone with the following traits:
- 1-3 years of experience in administrative coordination via experience in office administration, customer service, human resources, and/or accounting roles. Or those making a career transition with relevant transferable skills.
- Interest in learning about community organizing, advocacy, public policy, and/or nonprofit operations.
- High level of comfort learning new skills and tackling challenges.
- Interest in community advocacy, non-profit administration, housing policy and/or workforce and labor policy
- Ability to be based in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, currently a fully remote role, post-COVID will require monthly trips to Oakland/SF.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Aids in administrative components of office operations and finance such as coordinating team activities, processing bill payments, record filing, metric tracking, and human resources.
- Coordinate with Communications team on social media posting and website management
- Work with the digital events team, and in coordination with other departments, to ensure event logistics run smoothly.
- Effectively use tech stack features for arranging group calls and meetings and provide assistance for meetings as needed.
- Support COO in coordinating the outsourced accounting team, financial transactions, and contracting.
- Manage relationships with external organizational vendors.
- Assist with time and expense entry related to restricted grants, lobbying, and other scenarios.
- Accurately and efficiently format and finalize documents, adhering to the established style guide and specific document requirements.
- Coordinate fundraising proposals and reporting calendars and work with the Development Manager and other staff to fulfill funder needs.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest/ability to partner with teammates in shared efforts across organizational work areas.
- Proficiency in G-suite, social media platforms, calendaring, basic spreadsheeting, and writing.
- Comfort learning new platforms and skills, following instructions, asking for help, and seeking to understand the task at hand.
- Ability to resolve straight-forward problems and issues, with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to our equity goals.
TechEquity is a young startup with high growth potential. The person serving in this position needs to be excited to join the team while we scale and demonstrate a level of comfort with the dynamism that entails. This means being open to fluidity, being willing to jump in and do the necessary even if it isn’t in the job description, and being passionate about building the organization in partnership with the founding team.
This is a competitive salaried position with medical/dental/vision benefits. We value work/life balance and offer unlimited time off and flexible work hours. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
The salary range for this position is in line with our organizational payscale, depending on experience: $50k -$65k.
TechEquity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We especially encourage people from communities underrepresented in the tech industry and those from the Bay Area, to apply for this role.
To apply, please submit your materials here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.